'61 Jass on ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StarMountainKid, Jan 28, 2006.

1. StarMountainKid

Nov 6, 2005
  2. StarMountainKid

Nov 6, 2005
    lol I meant to type 'Jazz'
  3. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    And it even has "rectangular pickups", now who could say "No" to that? :D

What's up with the four screws near the bridge? Are they supposed to hold the bridge ashtray?
  4. They call it 'Relic' now, even if its not intentional

isnt the real word for that 'beat to ****'?
  5. Early Jazz Basses had string mutes in that spot.
  6. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
  7. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    As usual, GC is letting stoned people post their auctions.

If you read carefully, it's got a headstock/neck repair, and has been routed for a battery in the back (with coverplate, so screw holes too). Who knows what else is wrong or non original with it!

Yes it's worth a few bucks, but not 10K.

I've seen ol' strats and teles that look like that, and people chalk it up to 'mojo'. Think Roy Buchanan.
  8. A little too much mojo for 10k!
  9. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Ah, I see, thanks tightbidness. I've seen those holes before but I guess I was confused because it's the first time that I've seen them with screws in them.
  10. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    That is not the first time GC has posted that basson eBay. I have seen it before. I remember that repair on the headstock.
  11. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    The price of early jazz basses, are out of site.
    A friend who sell vintage basses, sell early 60's jazz basses to Japan for between $12,000. to $18 000. depending on condition.
    $10.000 is common in US now.
    Go buy a Laklnd USA or Sadowski.
  12. jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Where ever they found that thing... I'm doubting was indoors
  13. puff father

puff father

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    Only worth what someone will pay for it.

I'd buy a new one for even money (for my own use that is).
  14. Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    yea those worn places where the wood is showing through look somewhat weathered
  15. klharper

Oct 16, 2005
    Nashville, TN

They're still working on counting too.

Worst part is they probably got it for $50 after convincing the unknowing owner it was a piece of crap and they'd only get $25 at any other garage sale.
  16. StarMountainKid

Nov 6, 2005
    Back in the late '60's someone sold me an old P bass (looked old even then) for $75, was in bad shape, had been painted green, dings and scrapes, neck wasn't straight (I didn't know about trus rods then!). It sounded great, but because of the look of it, and the unplayable neck, I sold it after about a month for the same price. Should have kept it, huh?

It's like that '58 Alfa Romeo I bought for $700 at about the same time. There's one of those on ebay now for $35,000.
  17. I've got a 1980 MXR Micro Amp with 4 extra holes drilled in it and about half it's paint missing, I'll sell it for $3000, lol, gc...
  18. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  19. That bass has been hanging in the Cherry Hill Guitar Center for quite awhile......for what they want it'll never sell.:ninja:
  20. AFlyOnGeddysWal

Sep 27, 2004
    That bass makes me feel all funny inside.