1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

7 finger tapping

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by BassMoley, May 11, 2015.

1. BassMoley

BassMoley

May 20, 2013
    I'm trying to learn advanced techniques like sweep picking, tapping and picking speed. I'm trying to learn tapping with 7 fingers, 4 left hand and index middle and ring on the right. Problem is I have absolutely no clue where to start with something like this other than building up finger strength. I'm going to be in the jazz ensemble in my college in the fall and I'd like to bring some of this stuff there but as far as my 7 finger tapping goes I'm clueless. Any help would be great !

2. In a jazz ensemble? Man you've got more guts than I do!
    Looking forward to seeing what people have to suggest...

3. BassMoley

BassMoley

May 20, 2013
    Amazing how unhelpful people can be isn't it. You can get thousands and thousands of posts about fender in 5 minutes, but when it comes to something about there you might as well be the only person on earth. This is why I'm stuck, there's nothing out there about this.

4. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Check out Grant Stinnett online videos.

5. Bass'd In Colorado

Bass'd In Colorado Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Denver, Colorado
    Just saw Grant in Denver, what a treat! Wish you the best at enjoying this style. It's way beyond me....at this time!