1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

8 inch speaker

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sidd_laroy, Mar 6, 2010.

1. does anyone know of any 8 inch speakers that can handle a bass at lower volumes?

2. Hi.

There's quite a few, and actually almost all dynamic speakers will reproduce any frequency in the hearing frequency range to some extent.

Your definition of "lower volumes" would help a lot though ;).

And the price range as well.

Regards
    Sam

3. probably just low enough volume that i wouldn't blow the speaker because i was just assuming that there were only guitar speakers that were made that size. i guess my price range would be less than 80.

4. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    the mcm 8" woofer used in the smaller BFM subs have huge xmax, decent power handling, and are very inexpensive. They are also REALLY insensitive. Some would call them powerhungry, only they cant accept gobs of power without saying ouch.

So, if you want good deep bass in a bedroom or coffeehouse package, that MAY work.

whether its better than other non-8" alternatives, I dunno.

5. i use 2x8 pa cabs

there pretty kick ass

6. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Use 10s.

7. rogypop

rogypop

Jan 10, 2009
    Croatia
    i was also thinking a lot about building 4x8/6x8 combination but changed my mind cause there are many smaller, lighter, cheaper and also louder options. to tell the truth there are a few 8's that work for bass but its price is just too high to even think of buying four of those. go for fearful 12/6

8. OldogNewTrick

OldogNewTrick

Dec 28, 2004
    Germany, EU
    AFAIK this is the best 8" speaker for bass out there...

Sica 8 BS2,5 PL

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2020