Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

800 RB (live and effects loop question)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bayou_Brawler, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Hey i have a gig saturday and i'm trying to sort out my sound and my effects for the show.

I basically have 4 settings i play on.

1. finger style - mid contour filter on, mids turned up, bass and treble up.

2. slap - mid contour filter on, bass turned up

3. mutron on - mid contour filter on, mids and treble up

4 deep impact on - mid contour filter on, bass and mids turned up.

basically i change my tone all the time to go with each song and i use effects on about 5 tunes. this is really easy to do in practice but i'm not sure how it will translate on stage. it's very important that i can change my tone when i change effects and styles.

i guess if the sound guy mics me it is not an issue. but i hear micing the bass doesn't sound as good.

i have a direct out but i don't think this will work with the fact that i change my tone through out the set and use effects.

here is the 800RB owners manual http://www.gallien-krueger.com/manuals/800rb.pdf i couldn't cut and pastehttp://www.gallien-krueger.com/manuals/800rb.pdf

it looks like the effect loop comes after the direct out. so i can't use my effects and the direct out????

it looks like the effects loop is post EQ. does this mean i can change the tone on my bass and head and it will affects the effects too? i remember trying the effects loop one and it sound like crap through my cab?????

i'm confused :confused:

any suggestions? it seems that just micing the speaker is the best thing to do.

2. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    bueler?