1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRADED 93 Warwick Fortress R&B (German)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bmac314, Oct 4, 2016.

1. bmac314

bmac314 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Louisiana
    Price:
    Strings:
    IMG_0105.JPG This is a 1993 Warwick Fortress R&B model. Made in Germany. Serial # ending in 0438. Wenge neck, Wenge Fretboard. Brass frets with the exception of the 1st fret. It has been replaced with a Stainless Steel fret. (By previous owner) Brass Nut.
    I can't tell if the body is Ash or Maple. I've read these R&B models were Ash. It's a 2 piece body. To me, it looks like the top half is Maple (its flame figured) and the body half is Ash. The grain is completely different on both halves.
    I bought this not too long ago thinking I would like it over my Bubinga Corvette, but I'm just too attached to my Corvette.
    I put new Gotoh tuners on it. ( I still have the original Warwick tuners that will be included)
    It has the original Seymour Duncan pickups. 2 of the Pots are original, the Master Volume and blend Pot have been replaced with CTS pots by the previous owner. It's all passive Volume/ Volume now.
    There's a cosmetic crack in the clear coat finish at the neck pocket. It's not in the wood. There's also a section on the Treble side of the neck between 3rd & 4th fret that has some wood scalloped away. Not sure how/ why it's like that. Does not effect playability. I tried to get a good pic.
    The bass sets up good, truss rod works as it should. ( this is the old style neck where the truss rod can be replaced if ever needed)
    The truss rod cover was missing when I received the bass. I do have a newer style "Warwick" truss rod cover that I will include with the bass.
    There are minor cosmetic scratches/ swirls on the bass from regular use. ( although great condition for bass 23 years old) there's also a white scuff mark on the lower part of the bass by the input jack. (Looks like it'll rub out with 3m rubbing compound)
    I don't have any time to spend with the bass to mod it like I want, so I'm letting it go to get back what I've put in to it up to this point.
    I have an acoustic guitar gig bag that I will ship it in. It'll be securely wrapped inside and outside the gig bag to protect it during shipping.
    I will cover shipping cost in lower 48 USA.

Open to trades. I like Fretless stuff, acoustic guitars, electric guitars. Pedals, try me...

$600

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    ashtray and superheavyfunk like this.
  2. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    Oh man that is a fine specimen of Golden age Warwick...

bmac314 likes this.
  3. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    The neck on these basses is killer! Slim, fast, and supremely stable. I'd put one on each of my basses, if I could.

bmac314 likes this.
  4. SubNoizeRat3691

SubNoizeRat3691 Lovin' the lows

Feb 1, 2010
    Davenport, IA
    Weight??

5. bmac314

bmac314 Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Louisiana
    I haven't weighed it yet. It's light. It can't be over 8.5 lbs. I'll weigh it this afternoon

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021