1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A challenge at work today...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RMacBass, Mar 27, 2015.

1. RMacBass

RMacBass Bass Commander

Jun 2, 2003
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    I play in a military band, and we often host school band programs to come in for a morning to see what it's like to play in a pro band. Well, this morning, I was notified that one school concert band had four electric bassists coming in. We scrounged a little, but I had to share the solution we came up with. Not bad, eh?

Attached Files:

FretFree likes this.
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

It looks bassy enough.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Eh, you should have just rented four SVT-CL's and 810e's from a backline company ;)

Actually, I'd say that's pretty good scrounging. But what possesses people to think notifying you day of show that a band has four bassists is cool? Yeah, I know, welcome to the military, but still...this isn't like you're calling shots on the fly in battle or anything.

4. RMacBass

RMacBass Bass Commander

Jun 2, 2003
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    I'm just happy we didn't blow a breaker! It was super fun! Having a 13 year old bassist shake my hand and tell me how much he enjoyed the experience was worth the small 'inconvenience' of setting up a bunch of sweet high-end amps!!

Attached Files:

JimmyM and B-string like this.
  5. Razman

Razman

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    I wish my daily work challenges included scrounging up bass amps! Very cool...

6. RMacBass

RMacBass Bass Commander

Jun 2, 2003
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    :bassist:

7. See? THIS is why I have/need so many amps/cabs!! You never know when someone will knock on your door and say "we need four complete bass rigs STAT!"

Ok, so that will likely never happen to me, ever, but its always good to be prepared. ;)

Nice setup! I'm sure the kids were not expecting that. I can only imagine the volume war that ensued between bassists! Hahaha. Btw, could a 4 channel mixer run in to the input of one amp worked as well? Eh, probably not as fun... :D

8. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    That's some top notch "scrounging" you did there RMac!

RMacBass likes this.