Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A.J. and strings.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Deep, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Deep

Deep

May 8, 2002
    NY
    Hey guys. Just curious about what Anthony Jackson is using as strings nowadays. I know he's been using Fodera's for years and years. But I remember him advocating the tapers or exposed core for a long time also. And at one point I believe Fodera had an Anthony Jackson signature set that was taper wound or exposed core. Anyone know if he's still using tapered or exposed core strings? :)

2. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Don't know what he's using these days, but the Anthony Jackson strings are still available from Fodera. I don't believe they list them on their website, but if you call Fodera they'll sell them to you. If I remember correctly the lower strings are taper wound.

3. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    I would be interested to see what kind of strings they are..(hex or round core/ nickel or SS) anyone else got any info? Thanks, Marc

4. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Call or email Fodera. Easiest thing I can think of and that's how I know they still sell his signature strings.