1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

a little help w/ definitions?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by billy57, May 24, 2011.

1. billy57

billy57

Feb 23, 2011
    Knoxville Tn
    Hey ya'll-billy57 from the great volunteer state of tn-noob both to bass&tb,I notice the word "MEH" poppin up quite a bit. I gather it has a negative connotation,but what? Is it a code like a secret handshake?(chuckle here). Is it an acronym? It's drivin me crazy,which is a VERY short drive! Also what is meant by "bump"in the classifieds&how does one do it? Thanks for your help-peace&bass to all...

2. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Meh - The sound they make on The Simpsons to express indifference or "not being impressed"

3. Meh - pretty much means, whatever or indifference. you can take it negatively but chances are the person who said it will respond once again with meh

Bump - when you like a thread and want it "bumped" front page but don't have anything to say some people bump

4. mambo4

mambo4

Jun 9, 2006
    Dallas
    elgecko pretty much has it. "meh" ="unimpressive"

An old thread gets pushed back a few pages by all the new threads.
    To "bump" a thread means to post in it so as to "bump" it back to the front page.

5. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    [​IMG]

6. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    meh.

7. I found this image to be very.... meh.

8. billy57

billy57

Feb 23, 2011
    Knoxville Tn
    Thank you all bigbig. I can actually see myself legally changing my name to "meh". This lil word says so much...

9. billy57

billy57

Feb 23, 2011
    Knoxville Tn
    EricF -I downloaded your meh pie chart to teach to my niece&nephews in high school math!

10. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    It's not my image. I want neither the credit, nor the blame. I found it on the intarwebz with the help of my friend Google.

11. I know... just trying to be funny.