Hello all! I see the Luthier’s Corner has a lot of first builds and such, and I would like to add to that. I am the usual quiet person here, been looking around for a year, yet not posting. I have gathered enough information and know-how here to start on some bass crafting. My official first build is on hold; well, because I like this one a little bit more. It’s a tradition 60’s Jazz Bass shape, but with some ideas and woods of my own. I started by using my AutoCAD skills to make some templates on 1/8” Eucaboard (Seems close enough to MDF for me) I salvaged from my church’s dumpster. Oh, and this thread might be a little picture heavy, because I like to take pictures to show different angles and such. Anyways, here are the templates.. Fast forward through Thanksgiving break, where my eager self forgot to take pictures of the process of sawing my scrap paudauk and pau amarello (Yellowheart) into strips and then gluing together said strips. Eventually I had two glued up left and right wing blanks for cutting, and that’s where the pictures start… A little glimpse of the process of gluing and the blank for the back side of the body… Both bodies cut out now… And that’s the top basically finished, and enough for one post, next post has the neck blank cut out and then the bottom half cut out, just some more cutting basically. (And excuse the phone pictures, Its all I have ) Alright, so here is some more progress here, some shots of the body with neck and fretboard wood (Indian Laurel). I found the Indian Laurel at my local Woodcraft, and it looked really nice, and for 8 bucks I couldn’t resist. By now its around Christmas break time and I was able to get more work done, like cut the other body half out, here’s a couple pictures along with the “victims” of the cut…Yellowheart is some dense stuff. Picture frame material in what’s left of the blank, and notice the smiley face that is made with the marks from my vise left and the outline of the bass. Moving right along, here is the body as it is now with some major thickness sanding left to do, but the neck pocket is rough cut out of there. You probably noticed the lighting was different in my room, the Yellowheart looks pale and the Paudauk is a little brighter…Couldn’t fix it in Photoshop. And for the bass as it is now, working on the headstock idea I have planned, a crafty scarf joint that ties in with the body… 13 degrees… And the headstock being glued up, That part will get the same scarf cut, so that they glue up flat, and then Ill sandwich a ¼” piece of paudauk onto the back of the headstock to hide the joint. That’s all the progress Ive made so far folks, feel free to comment and suggestions or anything. As I said, I’m a newbie so Im learning as Im going, but Im chugging right along. Thanks for reading! P.s. I found inspiration for the idea of the contrasting pieces of wood from a thread…I believe Drake Customs made. Memory fails me, I sure hope I am not overstepping intellectual property borders or anything!