Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

A novel approach to bass repair

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by ctxbass, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Tom Hutton

Tom Hutton

Nov 22, 2004
    Indiana
    Yeah, who needs luthiers anyway, when you've got a staple gun!
    I like the novel method of bow storage as well... :eyebrow:

2. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Dude, is that an American Std. or something? Kinda looks like it. Look at the tuners... might actually be a decent bass once fixed right, given that one coughs up the $4K in repairs.

3. I love it......Thanks for posting!

4. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I really wonder what atrocity the curtain is covering?

5. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    Frankenstein the Bass. :)

6. I vant your blood :eyebrow:

7. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Anyone have a guess as to what kind of bass that used to be?

8. Possibly Tyrolean....Bohemian.

9. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I had to delete the other thread about this bass because I was getting complaints from folks over at ebay - it seems that someone here mailed the seller a link to the other thread. Wow, that was classy. :rolleyes:

Anyway, this one doesn't seem to have the same meanspirited intent as the other one, so I'll leave it open until and unless it does. Remember that it's a small world out there, folks, and getting smaller every minute. :ninja:

10. luthierbass

luthierbass

Jan 2, 2005

Damn those staple guns.. im not going to have a job anymore!! haha.. great post.. i needed a laugh

11. G-force

G-force

Jul 1, 2004
    oslo Norway
    That was awesome !!!! I knew a guy who shall be nameless as he sits in a great gig now. well he used magic marker and shoe polish to touch up his bass. Then there is me who used chapstick for rosin when I was 10 and at the same time tightened up my german bow to look like a ..well.. incredibow, you can imagine the results....
    But hey

12. There are famous luthiers that use furniture "magic markers" for touchup for paying customers. Why not? Maybe the shoe polish was a bad call.
    How about the guys to squeeze elmer's into gaping seams/cracks and shove the bass back into the trunk only to find it has glued itself to the foam in the trunk... resulting in a bass that appears to be molding!!

13. thats fr-o-nken b-o-ss!
    ....wish i could wouk in the "what knockers" line somehow....

14. Obviously the repairer didn't have the Traeger book. ;)