1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A rumbling hello to all!!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by LowMain, Nov 18, 2006.

1. LowMain

LowMain

Nov 18, 2006
    Nu Yawk
    Fodera artists roster
    I just stumbled on this site, and thought "Wow! My crew!". I've been seriously addicted to the low freqs all my life. It probably helps that my voice is somewhere down in the Richter scale, too. I started studying bass twenty years ago, as an adjunct to my singing, since I was singing bass lines in the a cappella group Rockapella, and wanted them to be idiomatically correct and I wanted them to groove. Being a classically trained musician (two degrees in French horn from Juilliard), I love playing Bach on the electric - what can I say? - it helps the world make sense. I gig with friends, accompany myself, and record. My main instrument is a Fodera Elite 5-string fretless. I play my fretted instruments when I'm tired of playing out of tune. Perfect pitch is a b*tch.

To all my lowdown brethren, a big hello!!

Carpe diem et eripe eum (Sieze the day and wrench it):bassist:

2. crazybasslady

crazybasslady

Nov 11, 2006
    Hi, I also used to be a hornist--played since I was in the 5th grade, and all the way up through the first semester in college. I was accepted to NCSA when I was 17, and was the only high school horn student. This was in 1984. Any way, other interests gave way. Like rock music and being a rebel.

I like the bass in that the low lines make sense to me, and when the tones and rhythm feel right, there is groove. Funny you mentioned Bach on Bass. I favored Mozart Horn concertos (I played them by ear at age 9) and wonder what can be done about a rendition on bass. Well, am going to see...
    yes, perfect pitch is a B*tch. A fifth apart from concert, so I have to transpose still. Since I just began taking bass lessons a few months ago, I am beginning to listen again, andI laughed about what key the my snoring was when it woke me up the other night!!!!

Bahahahahaha!:-D

Any way, welcome!

This is my fist reply, by the way.

Elise