1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"A" string has developed a rattle AUDITION TOMORROW

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by gizmo562, Jun 9, 2012.

1. gizmo562

gizmo562

Jun 9, 2012
    I was practicing today and suddenly when ever playing anything on the A string except an open A it rattles, and its loud. This occurs both plucking and bowing. Its a metallic kind of vibration. I really could use any advice or suggestions, I have an important audition tomorrow! I have checked the sound post, nothing is wrong with it.:confused: PLEASE HELP!:help:

Thanks!

2. WallBass

WallBass

Feb 24, 2011
    could it be your endpin? this happens to me sometimes

3. gizmo562

gizmo562

Jun 9, 2012
    I have wiggled it and seen if anything like that helped, and I couldn't get any improvement. Did you do anything specific to correct it?

4. Maybe the bridge and top. Happens to my bass sometimes depending on the temperature.

5. Portphilia

Portphilia

Jun 8, 2012
    SATX
    Check your machine heads? I have a similar problem!

6. gizmo562

gizmo562

Jun 9, 2012
    the bridge seems fine, I think it might be the machine heads, actually. that or I know the end pin was just replaced, so could be the part that is on the inside?