1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

A That a boy for Bass Central..

Discussion in 'Bass Central' started by SamJ, May 12, 2015.

1. SamJ

SamJ Founder - Fender MIA Club

Apr 22, 2006
    PDX / SFO / HNL
    I hear a lot of guys run down Bass Central for their customer service, which I have a hard time beliveing but in either case, I thought I'd share a positive story since people are always so quick to share negative ones..

I needed to get a few sets of strings asap, and was having a hard time finding these in stock anywhere for a price below $59/ea.. (Alembic CX3's).. I emailed BassCentral and Grasshopper (Scott) got right back to me with a great price.. 50% off retail. We emailed a few times back and forth with me asking some questions and he was always quick and cordial in his response.

Today I called to order 3 sets and he took the time between being busy selling a Fodera bass to get this order put in, always friendly and polite. This after my buying my Alembic bass from one of their competitors (not their fault, they just didn't have the bass I wanted in stock at the time).

I never once felt any negativity from them, nor have I ever in past dealings.

Thanks for the quick service and great pricing BassCentral.

2. Michael777

Michael777

Feb 22, 2006
    General Manager: Bass Central
    Sam,

We Appreciate your Business and thanks for the Kind Words. We Know We aren't perfect and make mistakes for sure. Nobody gets it Right 100% of the time, but We do try our best.

SanDiegoHarry, GKon, wmhill and 4 others like this.
  3. Soren1

Soren1

May 19, 2015
    Oklahoma
    I've dealt with Bass Central twice with a Status Empathy and an Alembic MK dlx. that my ex bought for me. I had no problems at all with them. I am thinking of ordering a DNA or Berg cabinet soon and will most likely order from BC.

GKon likes this.
  4. I was trying to buy a Fodera from them and they put me aside to sell strings to some guy!

Just kidding, I've always had smooth transactions with Bass Central. :thumbsup:

Callused Finger, wmhill, Lava and 2 others like this.
  5. Lava

Lava Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2014
    El Paso, TX
    I've bought two Eden Amps, multiple cabinets and a couple of Lakland Basses and had great service every single time. Had something go wrong with delivery once and they went out of their way to remedy the situation. BC is usually my first call when looking for gear or advice.

Soren1 likes this.
  6. abngourmet

abngourmet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2004
    USA
    I've purchased my Alembic Series II, Bartolini Gibson Thunderbird pickups and preamp, an Alembic Spyder Tribute and a Pedulla MVP from Bass Central. Their customer service is second to none in my experience.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  7. Michael777

Michael777

Feb 22, 2006
    General Manager: Bass Central
    Appreciate All the kind Words gang! We thank you for the Business as Always...20 years in Business because of all of you!

kev451, Soren1, GKon and 1 other person like this.
  8. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Nothing but love for BC!

9. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2002
    Delaware, USA
    I bought a Lakland 55-60 from BC a few years back and had a great experience with them as well.

10. bgartist

bgartist Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    The only bass I ever bought brand new from a retailer was my Pedulla Thunderbolt from BassCentral. This bass is still my #1 player. I called around 11 p.m. expecting to leave a voice message and Beaver himself picked up the phone and gave me an awesome deal. That was over 10 years ago but the next new bass I buy will be from them.

11. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    I purchased several Stingrays and a couple Bongos from Bass Central. Always polite and courteous, even when sending tire kicking price quote emails.

12. LA Bass Guy04

LA Bass Guy04

Mar 19, 2011
    When I was a teenager, I ordered a Beaver Felton instructional cassette. When it arrived, I opened it and played it before realizing the cassette wasn't the particular lesson I had ordered. I mailed it back and Beaver and his team honored my return even though the cassette had been taken out of its shrink-wrap and could have easily been recorded. I really appreciated how they took me at my word and competed the exchange. They didn't have to.

Fast forward about 25 years, and I was happy to drop $3K on a new Lakland through Bass Central. I probably could have saved a few bucks buying elsewhere but good karma needs to be rewarded. I'm a fan for life.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021