1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aaaaallll I waaant for Chrisstmaaasss...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Luckie, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Luckie

Luckie

Jan 1, 2010
    Northfield MN
  2. Avalon

Avalon

Feb 28, 2009
    Nice. But why is it called a "II"? Was this the change from the original non-reverse body to the reverse?

I just wondered. Many times, manufacturers use numbers in the name to indicated number of pick ups, but obviously not in this case.

3. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead!

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Those chrome pickup and bridge covers look pretty boss. I'm a total sucker for those lol

4. Avalon

Avalon

Feb 28, 2009
    [thread hi-jack] By the way, I noticed that they also had a link to a brand called "Nelson" with a model (the Coquette) that looks like an old Ric and a recent Waterstone model (Mrs Goggins). [/thread hi-jack]

5. sotua

sotua

Sep 20, 2004
    Somewhere in time
    All I want for Xmas is a Sterling Ray34CA. And a Genz Benz rig (shuttle6.0-1x12)

I'm easy like that :)

6. Ahh i want a sterling sb 14 so bad

7. The 'reverse' body style is the original Thunderbird design. As for the II designation, the two pickup model was called the IV, if that's any help! :)

8. woodyng

woodyng

Dec 19, 2007
    Oregon coast
    i would like that bass,too! i really like the idea of the one pickup t bird,and the pickups on these 60's models,in my experience,are fabulous sounding.....those early 'birds could be nice and lightweight,resonant mahogany....slobber,drool.....that's a lottery bass,should i ever play and win.....

9. Well, he wants $5K for a '65 Embassy, so....

Don't feel too bad, think how you'd feel when you snapped the headstock off someday. :D

10. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
  11. probassace2

probassace2

Jan 23, 2014
    The numbers don't correspond to the pick up figuration. Its the model numbers including the Firebirds. Firebird I is one pick up, Thunderbird II in one pick up, Firebird III is two pick ups, Thunderbird IV is two pick ups and Firebird V is 3 pick ups. Its all about the Firebirds and Thunderbirds together

12. felis

felis

Jul 31, 2013
    Midwest, USA
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019