1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

acme: 2x lowB1 - 1x lowB2 ?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by vier-personen, Apr 17, 2006.

1. vier-personen

vier-personen

Apr 10, 2006
    I am still waiting for my 2 low B1s to arrive, but right now I was asking myself, what the difference in sound and volume would be between 2 Low B1s at 8 Ohm and 1 Low B2 at 4 Ohm when played with the same amp?
    Did anyone here actually compare these two setups or has some theoretical knowledge?
    This question also goes for other brands of cabinets. But with the Acmes this is the most interesting, because they are 3-way designs.

Any info would be great!

2. vier-personen

vier-personen

Apr 10, 2006
    anyone?

3. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Looks like there should be no difference. The specs are consistent with the B2 being the same as two B1's built into a single box.

4. vier-personen

vier-personen

Apr 10, 2006
    thanks for the reply!

I actually e-mailed Andy of Acmebass and his reply was that they are designed to sound the same.

I was just wondering because with 2 LowB1s you get 2 bassspeakers, 2 tweeters and 2 midrange speakers, while with the LowB2 you get 2 bassspeakers, 1 tweeter and 1 midrange speaker.

5. Tbeers

Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I'm sure it sounds a bit different....