1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Acoustic 320 advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by map34157, Aug 23, 2012.

1. map34157

map34157 Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Burbank, CA
    Hey all,

So I just picked up an Acoustic 320 and needed some advice. Any ideas on some cabs that would pair nicely with this? I understand the matching cab is an Acoustic 408. I just don't really wanna lug around a cabinet with four 15" speakers in it. I understand that this amp runs optimally at 2ohms. So my question is, any 2x15 cabs out there (preferably vintage) that will take what this amp is so ready to give out?

Thanks

2. Short answer: this post is no help. Enjoy the free bump.

Besides the 408, I tried mine with a '69 Ampeg 8X10 and an Ampeg Isovent. I Liked the 8X10 quite a bit, but found that the amp distorted pretty easily with the Iso, which was a high wattage cab. I can only imagine it's a comparatively inefficient cab, making the amp work harder than the others did. It was a great sounding distortion though.

You're probably right looking for vintage cabs, I'd think something low wattage and efficient would work best. I must say the amp was at its best with the 408 though.

3. @map34
    Any chance you could post a rear pic of the 320?
    Dying it see as I'm purchasing one...

4. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    2ohm probably isn't optimal, especially being a really old amp, better running it much cooler at 4 ohm, into an efficient cab. One of the modern 2x15s like a Barefaced or Dually would make enough of the power.