1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Acoustic Image Upshot w/ Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by nesbit, Nov 6, 2018.

1. nesbit

nesbit Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Frederick MD
    Howdy folks! Right now I am mainly gigging with a Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0 10t combo. I have tried with no luck to find the 10t extension speaker for my shuttle combo. Was wondering if the acoustic image upshot would work as an extension speaker. Has anyone tried something like this?....or if anyone has a a shuttle 10t hey wanna get rid of hit me up

Evan

Zbysek likes this.
  2. fu22ba55

fu22ba55 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Should work fine. I've got the 8t, so I tried it last night for about an hour and had no sonic or thermal issues.

The sound is more focused with just the 8t (more punchy), but perceived volume is MUCH louder with the added Upshot. The Upshot can also be used as an extension speaker for the Acoustic Image stuff (Coda, etc) so as long as you don't have any phase issues (if your 10t is still wired correctly) it should work great. Point the 10t at everyone else and use the Upshot as a monitor.

8T-Upshot.

Zbysek and Ric Vice like this.
  3. nesbit

nesbit Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Frederick MD

4. nesbit

nesbit Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Frederick MD
    That’s exactly what I am trying to accomplish! Thanks so much for the reply.

5. Zbysek

Zbysek

Mar 23, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I was lucky to buy the 10T extension speaker together with my GB STL 10T combo...so I am using this stack. However, I think the upshot should work just fine with GB STL combo...

I am using PJB Ear Box to get the mids/highs at my ear level though...