Adam Clayton - Aguilar Amp Settings?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by T Foster Jr, Jan 5, 2022.

1. I'm working my best to find that perfect Adam Clayton sound from the 360 tour when he used Aguilar heads & cabs. I'm using a Aguilar Tone Hammer 500 with a couple of Ampeg 210 cabinets. Anyone have an idea of his settings? I'm pretty sure he practiced with the Tone Hammer 500 and used the Aguilar DB751 for shows.

2. The TH500 350 and 700 amps have very unique controls.
    Start with DRIVE and GAIN OFF. Get your tone using the eq, then the GAIN and DRIVE (& even mid freq) are very interactive, so use em to adjust afterwards
    DRIVE control acts as a variable lpf and hpf. Tighten up lows and add grit with it in conjunction with the GAIN

jeff7bass, Cracker7 and T Foster Jr like this.
  3. Thank you!!

4. Mid freq control will have a great deal of difference in fine tuning too.

I think I have my treble at 1 o'clock, mid freq..... can't remember, but mayyyybe freq at 8 o'clock, mid level 12 o'clock. Bass 1 or 2 o'clock.

Then gain might go at 8 or 9 o'clock.
    Drive between 8 and 10 o'clock.

With the gain and drive off, it's a pretty neutral tone. Of course, this is one amp you can play with little or no gain

5. I appreciate your help, thanks again!!

6. Thank you for you recommendations! I really enjoy playing with the gain & drive on the TH500, it helps to add some Elevation Tour grit and yet some of the deeper bass feel from 360.. I'm no Adam Clayton, but damn the TH500 sure does help replicate some of the raw feel & tone!

rodl2005 and jeff7bass like this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 26, 2022