1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ads - sound on mouseover

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by dincz, May 11, 2015.

1. dincz

dincz

Sep 25, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Flash ads that make a really annoying sound every time you move the mouse over them. I understand the need for ads but these are irritating.

Any way to disable the sound? Using Chrome browser.

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Let me know what the ads are for and I'll zap them. They're coming through Google Adsense, and should absolutely NOT make any sound on mouse over. TIA!

3. dincz

dincz

Sep 25, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Thanks for the quick reply. As luck would have it, different (silent) ads are appearing now. I'll let you know if they reappear.

4. dincz

dincz

Sep 25, 2010
    Czech Republic
    It's back again!

Clipboard02.

5. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Yikes! Ok I'm on it. Edit: any chance you can tell me the click-through URL? I'm having trouble finding this ad.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  6. dincz

dincz

Sep 25, 2010
    Czech Republic
    It hasn't come back yet. I'll let you know.

7. dincz

dincz

Sep 25, 2010
    Czech Republic
    It's back again but the URL doesn't show when I hold the mouse over it and right click just shows the Flash settings menu. Don't know if it's any use but here is the page - I had to change the extension to txt:

8. dincz

dincz

Sep 25, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Still happening. Any progress?

9. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    I'm sorry - I can't get anything from the source code of the page. I think at this point the only thing that can help me find the ad, is for you to actually click the ad and copy/paste the URL that it takes you to. Not sure if you want to do that though...

10. dincz

dincz

Sep 25, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Did that help?

11. paul

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Yes, I've blocked the ads and the URL's. These should be gone within the hour. If not let me know! Thanks!

FretNoMore likes this.
  12. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Thanks for this, I very much dislike web pages that make unwanted and unexpected sounds.

13. dincz

dincz

Sep 25, 2010
    Czech Republic
    The same ad is back again :(