1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Advice Needed: Fender Pro 215 or 610 with 300T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Plastalmonus, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Hi guys,

I recently got a Sunn 300T and was looking for a cab to go with it. I'd say my sound would be a fairly aggressive rock tone, think QOTSA, At The Drive-In, Marmozets, Shellac etc... I wouldn't say metal, but I would also not say vintage.

Everything I read seems to say that the 2x15 excels at Vintage however I also play an Orange AD200 and an OBC810 and in the past have played two OBC115 cabs and I wouldn't say these are modern voiced but seemed to suit me well.

So yeah, there is a new 2x15 and a new 6x10 for sale interstate which would match the 300T perfectly however I won't get to play either. So does anybody have any advice on how these cabs sound? Is there a massive difference between the two? I generally like a full low end and scoop out the 500Hz to about 700Hz then a roll off from 4Khz and minimal horn usage.

I already have an 8x10 so think that the 2x15 would be some variety but variety isn't always a good thing if it doesn't match.

2. Barefaced 610.

3. As much as I would like a Barefaced 610 the fact that it would cost double the Fender Pro 610/215 cost means it is too prohibitive at this time.

svtb15 likes this.
  4. Anybody else?

Maybe I’ll just look at the 610 then to be on the safe side.