Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Advice on "Bassist for hire" ad.

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Nick man, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    So what do you guys think?

I just posted this on www.gainesvillebands.com in hopes that local musicians might check it out.

Anything I should leave out or add?

Peace
    Nick

2. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    FWIW, I would've shortened your list of bands, and maybe just listed a few genres. I would've left anything else out that may turn a band off from calling you (like listing what you don't like, your transportation situation). But that's just my opinion...I haven't been a band yet...just thought I'd give my input. Perhaps you could put up an e-mail, or if you'd be comfortable posting your phone number, that too.

3. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Looks good!

I'd trim it down a bit though - keep it short and sweet to start with. IME, most people are only looking for key words when scanning through classifieds.

I'd just go with paras 1,3 and 6. Also, keep the pics for requests only.

YMMV of course. :)

4. YOU'RE NOT IN NEW YORK!!

:bawl:

:D

(we're looking for a bassist with your attitude)

i'd also shorten the info and include an e-mail.

good luck with your future band!

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Thanks for the tips.

The transportation thing I feel is very important to include so I dont come off as decietful when they find out whats up. The rest I figure gives people an impression of me. I might edit some of it out.

I like to leave in the pics to show that Im not a stand in the shadows type of bassist. Im at the front of the stage and in action all the time. I want a band that wants that.

Thanks for the help.

Peace
    Nick