1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Advise On Bass Purchase

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blackravent, Aug 30, 2007.

1. blackravent

blackravent

Aug 30, 2007
    Hi, after looking around the net for bass forums It seems like this is the best place to find answers! I have being playing bass for about two years now and I'm looking for advise for my third bass. My current guitar is struggling to fit my ear and Is starting to sound a bit tonally dull! I am looking for something that will be versatile in sound, something around the £200 mark, preferably a four string active. I would like to be able to play slap but yet be able to change to a rockier sound when needed. Thanks for your help!
    Tim

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    You do realize that you're about to get a bunch of people post what their favorite bass is, regardless of whether it fits your needs or not, right?

You should be more specific. What bass styles you like, what you don't like, what you've already got, etc. You'll still get a ton of people telling you their favorite bass regardless of whether it fits your needs or not, but at least those of us who want to give a thoughtful answer can.