1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

AEC Guitar Acoustic to Electric Conversions

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by openInvent, Jan 18, 2019.

1. openInvent

openInvent Commercial User

Jan 16, 2019
    openInvent.club bitsfit.com
    Hi I took an old Lyon Washburn and made it into a electric guitar see tiny.cc/aec-guitar for details on how I put the electronics together and made a killswitch/punch button.

I have a gallery of pictures at tiny.cc/aecguitar my roommate painted the guitar and I selected some stickers and cut them to better silloettes. I also like putting temporary tattoos on my guitar and coating them with womens clear coat of nail polish since I am low budget.

I made a terrible video of it un-tuned on youtube tiny.cc/snarecapo. Also GO-STOP URL SHORTENER G-ZERO-DASH-S-DOT-TOP shows some of my links and embeded facebook stuff.

I'm not so much trying to brag as trying to encourage others to make Electric Guitars from acoustics rather than that twangy acoustic electric sound we are often left to play with a normal acoustic's "plugged in" sound.

One last thing was I figured out that if I slant the pickups I can get a hi/low sweep EQ effect by sliding the 5way switch. Click on this picture of the guitar before it was painted.
    17493083_1402872123085582_3009760227782744037_o.jpg

Also I am trying to identify these Black flatwound 5 string bass with red silk and note the clip I use to hold guitar pics in case I throw one into crowd (if I ever gig or drop pic).
    100_3759.JPG

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021