Aguilar 750 Users (Compact Case?)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sincity, Sep 8, 2005.

1. sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    I just picked up an Aguilar 750 that came with an awesome 4 space, orange Calzone case.

Unfortunately, the case is a little too big for my needs.

What cases are you 750 owners using? I looking for light weight and compact dimensions.

I know Aguilar makes a soft rack case for the 750. Anyone know how much they go for, and do you like the soft rack?

Thanks for your help.
  2. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    I use a gator shallow 4 space, skb style case, with a wireless in the top space. The 750 sticks out the back a bit, but the vents in the back are out in the open, so no over heating issues. The lids fit on fine.
    Works perfect for me and I dont need a change.
  3. sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    I have a Gator 3U shallow rack that I use for my GK 1001 RB head. If the inside dimensions are the same as the 4U you have, that would probably solve my needs.

4. I have a 3U Aggie rack bag thing. There are some things to consider especially if you are looking at the 3U size...

The 3U rack bag is the exact length of the DB750 chassis. If you carry it using the shoulder strap and set it down with the back of the amp resting on the ground (which would be a natural thing to do) the entire weight of the amp will rest on the plastic power switch. Doh! Also the DB750 has top vents, so it needs space to receive proper cooling.

Not needing a waterproof solution I took several old SKB cases of varying sizes, took 'em apart, cut off the plastic recessed part behind the handles and drilled plenty of cooling holes in the top. Excellent cooling and ready for a case-mod style paint job! Use your imagination... Trace flourescent green or Doom3 military camouflage (olive, grey and drab splotches) or bright yellow with black diagonal stripes... mebbe even an H.R.Giger style if you are adventurous.

If it rains remember to cover it with your raincoat however! These will not float! :D
  5. Carrying a 750 in a rack back with a shoulder strap... that is really impressive :D
  6. Hey... that's enough out of you! :D

PS - I found some hair conditioner with selenium in it. Do you think that spraying some on my tweeters will help? :)

7. Ha.... I'll take a case :D :D :D
  8. Sorry - it turned out to be unobtainium! Darn.
  9. sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    My Gator 3U shallow rack worked out great. The amp sticks out the back about an inch or so, but it does not bother me.

It really makes the 750 much easier to carry. Eventually, I will order the Aguilar soft rack for the amp.

I will keep my eye on how hot the amp runs in a 3 space rack.

Since the 3U Aguilar rack bag is designed for the 750, I don't think they were too concerned with the amp overheating.

But, you never know.
  10. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    My 750 is in the Aggie rack bag. Works great, never had a hint of a problem with overheating. The bag is $88 direct from Aguilar.

I never use the strap as the amp's just too freakin' heavy for me to carry that-a-way. Not a good idea to set the amp down other than on the side opposite the handle, which has nice heavy brass feet.
  11. I got the Gator shallow 3u rack also. It works great. Not as sturdy as the SKB U racks but it does the job. Well balanced to. I didn't want a rack bag with an amp this heavy and as Oddio said the power button is sticking out and needs protection in transport and the bag doesn't protect the switch IMO. At least the Gator covers it well when transporting. The thing I don't like about the Gator is when it's not closed up the amp sticks out exposing the amp vent to rain or some idiot's drink. That is unlikely to happen but never know. Also I have to pull all the cordage out in order to close it up.... Oh well ... Love the amp.
  12. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    the aggie bag is nice, but IMHO, the SKB racks are just as lightweight, if not lighter. besides, i like the cleaner look of the SKB boxes.
  13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeh ... soon his nickname will be Quasimodo.
  14. This is what I get for "humpin'" my DB750 along to gigs. :)
  15. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    Listen, what you do in the privacy of your own home.....