1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar Amplification Announces AG 700 Bass Amplifier

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Jan 20, 2017.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    NEW YORK, NY — Aguilar Amplification, manufacturer of high-quality bass amplifiers, speaker cabinets and accessories for bassists is pleased to announce the AG 700 amplifier.

The AG 700 has the clarity, dynamic range and fast transient response of the legendary AG 500 with a bigger low-end and almost limitless headroom. This solid state amplifier provides 700 continuous watts at 4 ohms while only weighing 4.9 lbs. (2.22 kg)!

Boasting an incredibly flexible EQ section, the AG 700 features controls for Treble, High Mid, Low Mid and Bass along with Deep and Bright EQ switches for a broadband boost. The AG 700 also features a series effects loop, XLR balanced output and two rear panel speakon outputs.

The AG 700 will be released in April 2017 and carry a US street price of $849.00.

Aguilar Amplification is a manufacturer of high quality bass amplification, pickups, preamps and effects pedals located in NYC. Many of the world's greatest musicians have chosen to use Aguilar. Our list of endorsers includes John Patitucci (Chick Corea), Kaveh Rastegar (John Legend), Tully Kennedy (Jason Aldean), Ben Spivak (Magic!), Erik Kertes (Shakira) and Felix Pastorius (Jeff Coffin’s Mu’tet). For more information, please visit: www.aguilaramp.com.

AG 700.

meatwad, jheitk, Crazy Otto and 7 others like this.
  2. Atter

Atter

Jan 18, 2010
    Will there be two channel version as original one? I love Agro drive!

3. MJ_Sotti

MJ_Sotti formerly "Mike in Chicago" Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Chicago
    TH big bro? No drive?

SirMjac28 likes this.
  4. Mark_70

Mark_70

Dec 31, 2013
    Minnesota
    What would be the difference between this thing and a ToneHammer 700?
    I see the lack of "drive" and a little bit differend mid EQ, but tonally speaking I would think this is indeed a BigBoy tonehammer?!

Not that there's anything wrong with that..! I have a TH350 and LOVE it..

Regards
    Mark

5. SVTX

SVTX

Jun 20, 2016
    Don't get me wrong, I really like Aguilar but this thing seems really effing generic.
    Sure, I haven't heard it yet and all that blah but the feature set is bravely reduced.

What ever happened to innovation..

6. speyer

speyer Supporting Member

I think it's intended to be a louder, cleaner sounding option over the TH500. I see this as a welcome addition to Aguilars small lineup. I like the TH voicing but sometimes you just need a proper clean sounding signal with headroom to spare and I suspect that's what this head is all about.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this in the wild.

bobicidal likes this.
  7. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
  8. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    The AG is voiced differently than the TH.

9. Luke_94

Luke_94

Dec 15, 2016
    The drive on my TH500 is my favourite aspect of it.

10. jasper383

jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    I love my TH500 but I do wish it was just a little bigger, wider and cleaner at times. This looks perfect.

11. I had a chance to play through it at Aguilar booth at NAMM-2017 and this is voiced totally opposite TH amps. It is clean, more punchy and less warm sounding. So the AG700 is no way a 700 Watt TH-version but totally different product. P.S. I had a chance to A/B them with the same bass and although I love my TH500 but I liked AG700 more...

12. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Al Kraft and monsterthompson like this.
  13. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I have an AG500SC that is still my favorite head ever. So this is similar... smaller... lighter more powerful... Winner for me.

14. Rob bassman

Rob bassman

Dec 14, 2016
    Ordered my AG 700 today. Love the 700 watts, gives you more headroom and cab options.

15. Rodger Bryan

Rodger Bryan Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Connecticut
    Does anyone know if the AG has a power supply that switches to adapt to different voltages? They recently posted more detailed specifications and it indicated that the AG700 will do 2.67Ω. I'm Interested in trying one now!

16. SVTX

SVTX

Jun 20, 2016
    From the website (Link):
    Transformer: Switching mode power supply (SMPS)

17. basmartin

basmartin

Aug 6, 2007
    Sweden
    Joining you soon...

Rob bassman likes this.