1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

AGUILAR db112 Opinions Only!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TjTerry, Jul 21, 2020.

1. TjTerry

TjTerry

May 19, 2020
    I have a new-to-me AG500DC that lights up my life...if you know what I mean.
    It's going through a Mesa 212. Absolutely wonderful.

What keeps me up at night: > should I get the db112 to match it? Is there dollar value over the paid-for Mesa?

2. rufus.K

rufus.K Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    I wouldn't say so.
    Ive had an ag500dc for 12 years. While the db112 is great with it, i should think a Mesa 2x12 would outperform a single 12 any day.
    I play 12"s mostly, and have 3 - all singles.
    There is a wonderful thing that the second adds usually.
    Now, i usually (pre covid) gig with 1 , but thats in an instrumental organ trio.

3. TjTerry

TjTerry

May 19, 2020

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021