aguilar GS112 tweeter question/problem?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by laflamme, May 16, 2012.

1. laflamme

laflamme Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2008
    I just recently bought the GS112 and GS112NT cabinets. I am driving the two cabinets with either a Randall RB750 (750 watts into 4-ohms) or a Warwick tubepath 5.1 (500 watts into 4 ohms). When I get to the mid volume level, I notice a buzzing sound coming from the tweeter, when hitting notes on the B, E and A string. If I turn off the tweeter, this all goes away. The 12" speakers are not distorting on either cabinet. If I am using just the GS112 (with tweeter, 8-ohms in this case), the same thing happens. I have thought that maybe my bass is overdriving the pre-amp in my amplifier, however the lows do not distort, it only comes from the tweeter. I have even tried other basses and the same thing happens. Lastly, even if I turn the tweeter level down to almost off. I am not sure if I am having a problem or not, but this does not seem to be normal to me.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. sKyLiNe505

sKyLiNe505

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    I noticed the same thing with my aguilar gs412 :meh:

3. Contact Aguilar for sure to discuss, but could it be possible that the handles are buzzing? I know that can be an issue with my GS112s. When that is an issue (recording, etc) I just lift the handle and place a small bit of foam between it and the cab. The tension of the handle holds the foam and... no more buzzing. This may not be your situation, but thought I'd toss it out there.

4. laflamme

laflamme Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2008
    I will check the handle out for buzzing, however I doubt it is that as the problem goes away when I turn off the tweeter. I sent an inquiry to aguilar this afternoon and will update the post with what they say, if anything.

Thanks, Peter

5. boglej2

boglej2

Dec 3, 2007
    Dublin, Ireland
    Any more on this?

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021