Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar GS112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rugrat, Dec 10, 2003.

1. rugrat

rugrat

Nov 12, 2003
    Northwest Illinois
    I don't have the ability to try this out first but how do you think this cab would match up with my Eden 115T? I also have a GK 2 X 10 and a Trace Elliot 4 X 10 (made in England). I think the GK is weak and the the Trace is just bland sounding. Advice anyone?

2. billys73

billys73

Apr 25, 2003
    I would sell the Eden and get two of the GS 112's. I think your current cab could work with the GS 112; but it could be massive amounts of bottom. of course......:)

3. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    I would second that. You can find a pair for about $600. I think you would be more pleased if you went this route. Good Luck!

4. rugrat

rugrat

Nov 12, 2003
    Northwest Illinois
    How's the Rockford music scene? Haven't been up there in awhile. As for the cabinet situation, I really like the sound of my Eden 15. I try to put it on an empty box or something to keep it off the floor a bit. Even with different combinations of 10's, I seem to missing a little in the low/mid department. I thought that the GS112 would fill that void.

5. Which GK 210 cabinet do you have?

6. Do yourself a favor and get an Auarlex Gramma Pad. That will help a lot. You can probably get one if you look around for about $37.00 or just buy one on line for the $50.00. I use mine for lots of different things besides the intended decoupling/focus results. You can call Music Lab in Lansing Ill. at 708-895-2218 ask for Nick. Tell him Dean referred you. That won't get you a discount, but they are the cheapest I've found. They don't open until Noon.

http://www.auralex.com

7. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX

Big String,

Does having casters on your cab produce the same effect as using the Auarlex? A set of casters is about $20 and the Auarlex is $50. Catch my drift?

PS have you got your Sadowsky yet?

8. G
    Pretty drifty.....
    Yes and no. The up lift of the casters decouples the cab for sure and the biggest plus is easy moving. For small cabs you wouldn't want to put casters on, although I've actually seen it done. What I don't like about casters is when you play on the typical outdoor or festival type stage that seems like you are standing on short folding tables, the casters become a hazard to itself from rolling. Of couse there are the millions of "old school" methods of preventing that, but the Gramma is a handy tool to have even if you don't use it everytime. You would be amazed at the "focus" value on a box stage with the Gramma. Yep, $20 is less than $50, nice catch. :D

The Silver PJ/4 is due in March. Stop by if you want to check it out.

9. Chaputa

Chaputa Bass-Not just fo eatin anymore

I have both the 115t and the gs112. Love it. Just don't like the size. I leave the 15 @ a bud's place, and for the mobile set, I pair it up w/ a B2. I love both setups. Just one is easier to move...Tonally, they are differeft, but for the fretless work I do...the 15 wows me...