AH computer help guys!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stephen Soto, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    ok, my computers lagging soooooooo much. i was playing a game at like 4am, and then a few hours later i got on and it lagged like hell then.
    i think it's because when you press CTL+ALT+DEL (Windows XP) you go to your task manager, and on the performance, cpu usage is at 100%, i don't know why. i think that that is it. how do i fix this?
  2. go to the task-manager -> processes, and click on the " CPU " column.. then see what's sucking up so much juice.
  3. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Most games use up all your CPU power (according to the Windows Task Manager, at least), so that shouldn't be it. If you have any power consuming background tasks running, anti-virus, ICQ or similar, disable them while playing the games. They could be competing for your system resources and cause the lag. What game, what kind of system do you have, have you defragged your hard drive lately?
  4. odie

odie Supporting Member

Zone Alarm has a bug that can suck up your resources. Other fire alarms will do the same.

Are you using a fire alarm?? Anti-virus doing a scan?
  5. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    no no. nothing like that. my whole computers lagging period, not just with a game. heres a pic of my processes:

6. odie

odie Supporting Member

cmd32 is a virus actually a worm. Do a virus clean up with a new list. This one usually comes from Kazzaa. It is cmd32.exe. You will need to stop the program from running and then edit your registry.
  7. odie

odie Supporting Member

more info here

Copies itself into the folder that the worm created in the previous step using many different file names that the worm carried. The attributes of all the copies are set to Hidden. Some examples of these file names are:
    Age of Empires 2 crack.exe
    MediaPlayer Update.exe
    iMesh 3.7b (beta).exe
    KaZaA Speedup 3.6.exe
    Download Accelerator Plus 6.1.exe
    Network Cable e ADSL Speed 2.0.5.exe
    Guitar Chords Library 5.5.exe

8. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    thank you man. i'll get rid of it after the chrismas stuff is done. but i stopped it from my tasks currently running, and that seemed to do the trick.
    thanks a lot man, have a good chrismas!!!