1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ahh!! I need help!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Kibuddy, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    Alright, this is a really bad problem.

My TI-83+ just died on me. It wont turn on. I tried replacing the batteries, but it didn't do anything. The thing just won't turn on. The worst part is, I have a major math test tomorrow, and I REALLY need the calculator to finish the test.

Is there anything I can do?

2. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    wal-mart is open 24 hours a day around here. Go get a new one

3. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Though you've probably already checked, try turn the contrast up/down, sometimes people like to play pranks, and turn it all the way up/down, seeming like the calc. is dead.

4. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005

I don't have $100 laying around. :(

5. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005

Tried it. Nothing. :bawl:

6. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Then go to your school early tommorow, find the head of math teacher, and see if he has one that you could possibly borrow for the test. They should have at least a few lying around. At my school, we have 3 class sets, so I never have a problem finding one.

7. Find a friend with one or ask the teacher as mentioned before. I have the same exact calculator and mine just half-broke recently. And by half broke I mean that one of my roomates squashed my backpack (with it inside) and now the bottom of it split open a little, and I have to press down hard and hold it to use it.

Anyway, I am not quite sure how to help you. Maybe you can try troubleshooting on the Texas Instruments website, also, you said it's not the batteries, but did you maybe drop it recently or something? I'm not quite sure what else to tell you. :( Sorry, good luck.

8. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    100 bucks for a calculator. GEEEEESH

9. we use those, my sis dropped mine and broke the screen... anyway, there are so many games going around, one kid deleted most of the math functions so he could play legend of zelda...

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I prefer the TI-84 better. Much more comfortable, and I splurged for the Silver Edition.

Regardless, have you tried the reset button on the back?

11. Kibuddy

Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    I just hit the reset button on the back, and it worked. I lost some stuff, though, but I'll be able to get it all back from a friend.

Thanks for the help, guys.