Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"Airhead" style cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wookie, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Wookie

Wookie

May 4, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I've seen the "airhead" (cabinet with integrated rack) style cabinets for sale by Dr. Bass and Schroeder. I've also read about people having Eden airheads, but I can't seem to find them for sale anywhere. Does anyone know of any other manufacturers of airhead style cabinets? Any users of airheads out there have any pros/cons they'd like to share?

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Peavey made one too...

I suspect Low Down Sound would make you one.

Pros and cons... I guess the pro would be that your amp and cabinet become a combo giving you one piece of gear to haul.

The con would be that your head and cabinet become a combo and you have a heavier piece of gear to haul...and it's slightly bigger which could pose a problem to those with small cars...and a thief could grab one piece and get both amp and cabinet...and you'd be limited to always taking that particular cabinet with you to use the amp

Oh, and the chicks won't dig you because you aren't playing through an SVT and two 8x10s...;)

3. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Low Down Sound will make you any configuration of airhead you want.

[​IMG]

http://www.lowdownsound.com/customcabinets.htm

Check 'em out.

:D

Joe.

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Joe...looks great! Are those 8s in there?

5. Peg_legs

Peg_legs

Nov 19, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    I've seen a Genz Benz airhead

6. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Yup.

That's a stock photo from their website. I have been seriously toying with the idea of getting one (2x8) for my TFB420.

They come in both regular and neo.

:D

Joe.