Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Akai Deep Impact

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KennyN, Jul 25, 2005.

1. KennyN

KennyN

Jul 20, 2005
    NYC
    I've heard a lot about these, and read all the great reviews, but have not seen one in any of the music stores near me. Any idea where I can pick one up? Or is Ebay the only place?

Thanks,

Kenny

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yup, or classifieds here / bassgear / harmony central.
    they've been discontinued

3. Chrisrm

Chrisrm Bass Virtuoso Wannabe

Feb 10, 2002
    Colchester, CT
    And generally go for a mint.

4. I considered one but decided on a bass micro-synth instead, which im lovin. I sure would like to try one of the Akai models though. They do so well on Ebay I'd be suprised if there wasn't a re-release some day.

5. boy a re-issue sure would scratch that itch.

6. KennyN

KennyN

Jul 20, 2005
    NYC
    There's one on Ebay at the moment which I have got on my watch list !

7. JRB

JRB Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    Well I just got a deep impact this week and I am not disappointed. I bid on a few on ebay but kept getting out bid and did not want to spend over $400 on a pedal. I finally saw one on craigslist for $350 and decided to go for it. I would say it is a great pedal, all the sounds are killer. But it is still just a pedal and that is a lot of money. People are funny they often give things that are hard to get a hire value then they actually diserve. I would say if you are really looking to go for that synth sound it is worth it, but if not and you a just looking for good effects then you can get a few high quality pedals for this pricetag.

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Kinda wish I held onto one of mine, got both cheap, and sold both for a mint on the bay. However, I'm going for a Bass Microsynth next, hopefully that'll do what Ineed. Was a fun little unit though.

9. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    They're definately cool pedals but I wouldn't pay what people are getting for them nowadays. I wouldn't be surprised if akai did a limited re-issue of them. I imagine their costs in doing so wouldn't be too great since they already have the unit designed, they'd just have to manufacture them. Since it's all digital we wouldn't have to worry about all the reissue vs original junk we see with ehx pedals and the like.

10. The Deep Impact and the Unibass were going for $99 from musicians friend when they were discontinued.

Picked up the unibass... should have gotten a deep impact too.