Alembic F-2B

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jeroen, May 10, 2005.

1. Jeroen

May 9, 2005
    I am considering an Alembic F-2B pre-amp. I like the idea of being able to shape the tone of two channels seperately. My power amp (EBS EP800) has two separate channels for powering two cabs. So I could pre-amp the 1x15" channel differently from let's say the 2x10" channel. Nice.... However, The F-2B has two inputs on the front panel (That's nice if you have an Alembic bass which is able to put out two signals through that little box of theirs). I have a BSR6MW Ken Smith... mono output, obviously. What solutions do you suggest to feed both inputs of the F-2B without weakening the output signal of the bass by splitting it in two... And please, no noisy Behringer solutions.... ;)
  2. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Any decent ABY Box should do the trick.
  3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    yup aby or a y cord if needed.

my other sugegstion would be to look into trying any preamp and an alembic superfilter (which is 2 channel in one configuration). i did this many times by using a y cord from the output of my preamp and running into both sides of the superfilter with it set in stereo. then the outputs went to the two channels of the power amp. i was able to send stupid lows to my 15 and peircing high mids to my 12. :cool: