1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Allparts Rickenbacker Bridge/Tailpiece Help

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Gin, May 4, 2010.

1. Gin

Gin

Apr 11, 2008
    Manitoba, Canada
    Hey guys was wondering if any of you Ric owners had any experience with this? How do they hold up compared to the actual Rickenbacker Bridges/tailpieces? Tail Lift if at all any?

http://www.allparts.com/Rickenbacker-Bridge-Tailpiece-p/bb-0316-010.html

Official Rickenbacker pieces are currently out of stock and I really can't wait around any longer.

Thanks!

2. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I Grow Organic Carrots
    The allparts and the real Ric part can both be made to NEVER pull up by adding 2 additional screws.

Bass5-0029.

Or you can also get the Hipshot Ric replacement bridge.

3. Gin

Gin

Apr 11, 2008
    Manitoba, Canada
    I currently have a badassII on my ric and I believe its the source of my neck problems.

4. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I Grow Organic Carrots
    I don't think a bridge can cause neck problems.

5. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    If the new bridge/tailpiece I bought from Ric 2 years ago lifts off again, I'll be getting one of those older "Lawsuit" Hipshots.

6. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    Perhaps the excess mojo present in the BAII caused the neck to try to "look down" at the bridge? :confused:

7. JLS

JLS

Sep 12, 2008
    Emeryville, Ca
    I setup & repair guitars & basses
    Nope.

8. Gin

Gin

Apr 11, 2008
    Manitoba, Canada
    Hmmm, I guess Im wrong then, but I was told by other users awhile ago that a badass II bridge could be part of my Ric neck problems. I forgot to mention it also gives me a low output E as well(crappy bridge saddle??). I might as well just try to replace it with the original bridge anyways.

9. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    If you do, use low tension strings. I'm a Ric guy, but the bridge/tailpiece is inferior IMO.

10. Gin

Gin

Apr 11, 2008
    Manitoba, Canada
    Thats the problem though, i dont really wanna use low tension. Im currently using 105-45, I also detune at times to D even C. It might just be a personal preference, but I really like my 4001 to look "stock".