alternatives to Korg Pandora PX4B?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by roller, Aug 19, 2017.

1. roller

roller Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Can anyone recommend an item that's a nice alternative to the Korg Pandora PX4B?

I'm looking for a small, battery-powered headphone amp I can use for practice. A few basic drum loops are all I'm looking for... I have no need for effects, tuner or to be able to record with such a device. Ease of use is a big plus!

Thanks!

2. Inkog

Inkog

Sep 1, 2017
    I know this post is a bit old, but I found myself asking the same question yesterday. I am looking for a simple headphone amp with built-in rhythm patterns, doesn't break the bank, and will fit in a guitar case. The Korgs all appear to be discontinued. I've only found two options thus far:

The Vox AMPlug 2 Bass fits the bill nicely, but has a pretty limited selection of 8 rhythms and a click track. No tuner. $40
    The Zoom B1on is a full-featured stompbox with 68 rhythm tracks, and a 30 second looper. Includes a tuner. $50

Anyone know of similar products I may of missed?

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the B1on this morning. I figure I can't go wrong for $50. I have the Zoom MS-70CDR, and it is probably the best bang for the buck stereo in/out FX pedal out there. It sounds great on my synths and drum machines.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  3. zackattack

zackattack Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2006
    San Francisco
    If you have a reasonably modern smart phone you might want to consider an iRig or similar. I use that + amplitube for my daily practice. Plenty of drum grooves available online, or in apps.