alternatives to Korg Pandora PX4B?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Low8, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Low8

Low8 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Can anyone recommend an item that's a nice alternative to the Korg Pandora PX4B?

I'm looking for a small, battery-powered headphone amp I can use for practice. A few basic drum loops are all I'm looking for... I have no need for effects, tuner or to be able to record with such a device. Ease of use is a big plus!

Thanks!

2. Inkog

Inkog

Sep 1, 2017
    I know this post is a bit old, but I found myself asking the same question yesterday. I am looking for a simple headphone amp with built-in rhythm patterns, doesn't break the bank, and will fit in a guitar case. The Korgs all appear to be discontinued. I've only found two options thus far:

The Vox AMPlug 2 Bass fits the bill nicely, but has a pretty limited selection of 8 rhythms and a click track. No tuner. $40
    The Zoom B1on is a full-featured stompbox with 68 rhythm tracks, and a 30 second looper. Includes a tuner. $50

Anyone know of similar products I may of missed?

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the B1on this morning. I figure I can't go wrong for $50. I have the Zoom MS-70CDR, and it is probably the best bang for the buck stereo in/out FX pedal out there. It sounds great on my synths and drum machines.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  3. zackattack

zackattack Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2006
    San Francisco
    If you have a reasonably modern smart phone you might want to consider an iRig or similar. I use that + amplitube for my daily practice. Plenty of drum grooves available online, or in apps.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021