1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

am i alone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by moogboy, Jun 23, 2007.

1. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    am i alone in thinking that the Bass player should be the one who DOESNT fight all the time? it makes me feel weird when i try to be nice and not get into serious arguments with fellow TB'ers and they FLIP RIGHT OUT.

2. you're not alone

3. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Inactive

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    F*** you!

no seriously I really don't know why some Tb'ers flip out at you you seem nice, a little spoiled but nice and damn I want to hear the story on how you got all that gear. Don't take it in a harsh way though some people are just d*cks and you just got to deal with them or ignore them. Your only 13 so I don't know why some members can't just be a little more patient.

4. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Moog, you're a good kid.
    Your posts get to me sometimes, and I don't agree with a lot of what you say, but this forum is open to everyone.
    Don't worry man! you're always welcome here!

5. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    peaveyuser pretty much nails it. But, one further observation, from an older TBer's perspective:

You are precocious. This can make some people who are older than you uncomfortable. Add to that the fact that you've been given more gear than many of us could ever afford no matter how much or how hard we work, and you can add jealousy to the mix. Especially because some of the older folks probably think that you are a little spoiled and don't truly appreciate how lucky you are.

Take my word for it -- As you get older, the novelty of being young will be washed away by the unstemmable flow of time. When you're 18, or 20, or 30, then people will just judge you on your talent. But, until then, a lot of people will just see you as spoiled kid who thinks he's smarter than he really is. (By the way, that's not what *I* think, but I'm quite sure some people feel that way.)

Like I said, don't sweat it. People treating you like a kid is a temporary situation at worst. And, as to the constant arguing -- Well, what can I say...

Latimour, burk, and Brad get on everybody's nerves! ;) :p :D

6. Mark Wilson

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    And Soulgeezer!
    Er...wait what?

;)

7. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    :p :D :smug:

8. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    i like to stroke others egos, among other things.

9. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Inactive

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    I like to stroke others eggs too.

10. I think older people get rubbed up by spoiled precious teenagers who exaggerate descriptions in response to their lack of experience.

It's something most kids grow out of and I won't lie Moog I do look forward to the time you growe up too Moog.

That said you've got the kind of staying power that is rare in the young. Many people in your situation would either get abusive or slink away quietly....

But this is a great online community. I wouldn't want you, or anyone else, any other way!

11. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Wait a minute! Is this turning into another "coming out" thread????? :ninja: ;) :p :D :D :D

12. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    it's turning into i'm getting all hot and shiz thread. :spit: :p

13. Mark Wilson

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Sweet!
    Subscribed!

:D

14. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    If everybody agreed TB would not be the interesting place it is. ;)

15. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Inactive

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    [​IMG]

16. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    Peavey is a user

of lustful materials

17. Everyone is different... just because we all share a similar interest doesn't mean we are all calm. You know what it is moog? That damn lowercase m... upgrade it to a "M" and we'll talk. ;)

18. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    why would a piece of wood with some strings on it be enough to make people of different religious, political, and social views play along nicely?

19. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    moog people just like to pick on you cause you're young and always posting about Moog. Don't let it get to you, you're a cool little kid and you got a load of sweet gear. Let the jamming do the talking bro.

20. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Inactive

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    Ok this made me laugh out loud, i'm not that weird though.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 20, 2021