1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amazing GC Service Recovery

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by St. Louis Scot, Jul 13, 2014.

1. St. Louis Scot

St. Louis Scot

Sep 16, 2013
    Austin, Tx
    I played a gig I had a couple of weeks ago with a group as a sort of audition, and I'M HIRED!!

So I needed to update my gear, but on a budget. So I hit up the used gear section on the Guitar Center website and found a Hartke HA3500 350W amp for (drum roll please) only $140. I paid for it and got a confirmation. A touring bassist bought my old rig. And I waited for the Hartke to ship.

And I waited...

And I waited...

On the third day I called. After 15 minutes on hold with customer service, I finally got through to the manager at the store that was to ship the amp. He said, "My name is Xxxxxxxx. I understand you have a question about your order cancellation?"

"Um... No. I didn't receive a cancellation, only a confirmation. What's going on?" As we talked the cancellation notice came through. I brought this to his attention. He was embarrassed. But apparently they tested the amp which was inoperable. But since I sold my old rig and have upcoming gigs, he wanted to make it right. He found another at a GC in North Carolina, and would sell and ship it to me at no additional cost. Cool! That'd work.

Except...

North Carolina called. They tested their amp and it's inoperable. Sigh. Did I mention that I teach Customer Service classes to hundreds of students every month and am always looking for service failure/recovery stories for my classroom? Well...

This manager also wanted to make this situation right. He said he has, and tested, a refurbished Hartke LH500 500W amp that he'll sell me and ship at no additional cost. Um... sure. That'd work, right?!

Came in yesterday. O! M! G! it is sooooo loud. And the tone controls are amazing! And just to recap... $140! I am so geeking out! Now I need to find a Hartke cabinet to match it with because I am sure to blow the cheap 2x12 generic cabinet I'm using now.

In summary: Hartke LH500 for $140! Thank you, Guitar Center. You rocked!
    Hartke.

JLY likes this.
  2. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Like any other franchise, there are good ones and bad ones. Good to see they went the extra mile and did right by you.

3. steelbed45

steelbed45 TRemington Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Nolanville, TX
    I'm glad this all worked out in your favor. I've loved Hartke stuff since the 80's.

4. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    You might try one of these, a friend of mine had one and they sound good, and have a bit of oomph:
    [​IMG] 110281408 [​IMG]
    BASS AMP pro 2200
    Used Hartke Pro 2200 Bass Cabinet
    [​IMG]
    Details ยป
    Amps
    Guitar Center Atlanta
    Atlanta, Georgia 30329
    404-320-7253
    View Store's Used Inventory
    Contact Store
    Now Only

$199.99

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Good score. If I were you, I'd rather have the LH500 anyway, so it worked out.