AmazonBasics effects pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Vinny_G, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Vinny_G

Vinny_G

Dec 1, 2011
    Neustria
    GlassToMouth and bassbrad like this.
  2. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    Considering the layout, these are Kokko pedals rebranded and sold on Amazon.

3. Vinny_G

Vinny_G

Dec 1, 2011
    Neustria
    Of course. Kokko, Donner, Mosky, Kmise, Saphue, Koogo, etc. I'm pretty sure all of those cheap brands that were already sold on Amazon are actually the same pedals, and they're made at the same factory somewhere in China. This one is apparently made by NUX (Edit: at 13:33):

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    Nunovsky likes this.
  4. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    In fact, Kokko are clones of NUX pedals. This is like a wormhole loop, clones of clones of clones of... :confused:

Vinny_G likes this.
  5. Vinny_G

Vinny_G

Dec 1, 2011
    Neustria
    Exactly! :laugh:

6. Vinny_G

Vinny_G

Dec 1, 2011
    Neustria

7. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    The race to the bottom. Fun.

arbitrary, kranahan, QRanc and 5 others like this.
  8. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Inactive

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I would put more of a positive spin on it. It's a fun and cheap way for beginners on a budget to get into the world of stomp boxes. I don't think anyone is claiming these are tour/studio ready boxes. But not everyone needs that anyway.

Yay for more choices!

Crispus, SunnBass and Vinny_G like this.
  9. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    i have an amazonbasics compressor. it's at least as good as similar sized, similarly priced compressors, and i like it. it's got an all metal chassis which is quite sturdy.

it looks the same as the kokko compressor i bought in 2017, but the kokko didn't deliver much in the way of compression where the amazonbasics does. it's possible the kokko i got was a lemon, but i didn't bother to return or exchange it.

Vinny_G likes this.
  10. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Are these cheaper than Behringer?

11. mambo4

mambo4

Jun 9, 2006
    Dallas
    back when I experimented more with pedals, I found you can get fun sounds daisy chaining serval cheapos together, amazopn/nux/koko seem like an affordable way to experiment

two fingers likes this.
  12. Wretched Banana

Wretched Banana

Mar 7, 2020
    MA, US
    The analog signal processing that goes into your average effects pedal isn't exactly black magic, and if you need a few basics to mess around with or get you through a few gigs... This can't be a bad thing.

[OT] Btw I have a generic metronome/tuner (branded Donner, but it's sold under every other name too) I got from Amazon for $9. I bought it for the metronome, but realized that the little sucker tunes my Ibanez EHB1505 like a beast, B string and all. Now that's black magic, I mean, there isn't even a headstock to properly attach the clip to :) So you never know.

Vinny_G likes this.
  13. kmon

kmon Supporting Member

May 11, 2009
    Chocolate Disneyland
    Do these come with the AmazonBasics "exploding" feature?

14. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    You're talking to a guy who builds pedals for a living though. I can understand why @rratajski may not be excited.
    I picked up a Kmise tremolo for my guitar board earlier this year. It's nothing fancy, but it trems. Not bad for $30. Having it hasn't stopped me from wanting a better trem pedal though.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    two fingers likes this.
  15. Seashore

Seashore

Jun 2, 2019
    Does it really count as more choices if it's just rebranding the same knockoff stuff that's already available?

And if they put these in bigger housings with fancier graphics, do you think they'll sell well at Whole Foods? :D

arbitrary and two fingers like this.
  16. monkeyfinger

monkeyfinger Moderator Staff Member

I agree. This is a nice way for a beginner to dip their toe in the waters of effects pedals. Once they get hooked there is no where but up from here. I guarantee some of them will end up at @rratajski's door step. :)

17. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2002
    Delaware, USA
    AmazonBassics*

18. Vinny_G

Vinny_G

Dec 1, 2011
    Neustria
    They cost about the same, more or less, but Behringer models have a larger footprint and plastic housings. They are mostly Boss clones. I've had a few, some were very good and some not.

19. Richard Martin

Richard Martin Estimator Extraordinaire

May 13, 2015
    Greenville, NC
  20. Vinny_G

Vinny_G

Dec 1, 2011
    Neustria

Richard Martin likes this.