1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Amp and cab advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Michal_Toth, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Michal_Toth

Michal_Toth

Dec 12, 2016
    Slovakia
    Hello TalkBass!

I'm currently considering purchasing a cab and an amp for my bass (Ibanez SR305), since our band plans on doing a concert and the 100W combo I have borrowed for rehearsal isn't going to cut it. We play mostly prog rock with soft stuff, bass solos and hardhitting choruses, so I'd like the amp to be somewhat versatile.

We would most likely play only small gigs and bars, but I'd like to have enough power to be able to be heard clearly without putting too much stress on the cab

Anyway, I'm a noob when it comes to this equipment. I have done some research, so I know the names and pictures of stuff in my price range but since I live in a small town in Slovakia, there is very little possibility for me to try out anything of this sort hands on. I need advice. Desperately. Thanks.

Oh, price range should be up to 700-800€ ideally, but I wouldn't mind scratching the 1000s, if it made a huge difference in quality.

I also plan on buying a new bass before we hit the studio, so I'll be using the Sr305 only for the 5 string stuff I guess, so dw, there will not be a poor signal from the 300 euro bass going in the stuff. Not forever at least..