1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp/cab for 6 string bass AND a guitar?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Manatopain, May 15, 2011.

1. Manatopain

Manatopain

Aug 31, 2010
    Denmark
    Hey TB.

Im on the lookout for a new bass amp, and i have settled around with this amp/cab so far: HARTKE 3500 & VX410 BUNDLE - Thomann UK Cyberstore . It has all the power i need and the tone that i desire. The thing is, i havent tried the cab before, and im used to playing with a huge 18" speaker, which defonatly can handle the Low B. the question is - will the linket cab be able to handle the Low B and the high C?

Also - Im a fan of spacesaving since i dont have the biggest room, therefore i would like to hear your opinion on doubling the setup as a guitar amp (I use Amplitube and a pocket pod).

Ofcourse- if you have any suggestions to a better amp/cab in the same pricerange, your welcome to post! :bassist:

Thanks! :D

2. i think you are thinking right.

i recently asked the sound guy at my local store a similar question, although it was about using an amp for keyboard and bass.

he said no problem in using a bass amp and cabinet for any other instrument

what he warned me against was using a guitar amp and rig for a bass/keyboard. apparently when you run a bass through a guitar rig, you run the risk of damaging your speakers.

/s/ Dave