1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp EQ ? Gospel Funky N R/B guys

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slapbass06, Oct 5, 2013.

1. slapbass06

slapbass06

May 6, 2012
    I was wondering how do other bassist set there amp and bass. I play gospel and r&b so the growl and modern hi fi sound is needed. I play thru 2 210xst eden cabs and a tsa450 markbass head my settings are low 7,low mids flat ,high mids flat,treble all the way up and vle all down and vpf shaping flat or all the way up depending on wat bass I use. I usually let the amp do the work and cut r add from onboard pre. Can anyone else example their eq settings just wondering

2. Well I play gospel funk and rnB but my definition is very different to yours. Passive basses, lo-fi, tweeter off, treble down, mids bumped a touch, bass flat. TI Flats. eg...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    EQ is tricky stuff, but there aren't "R/B settings", "rock settings" etc. The style of music you play is all about how you actually "play" the bass. Read the faq's and stickies at the top of the amps page to better understand how eq works, and how it doesn't.

4. lburton2

lburton2 Les Is More

May 15, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    My R&B bass sound is something tubby and almost muddy. When I listen to a lot of R&B or hip/hop on the radio I never hear real note definition, it's almost bubbly sounding. I agree with vin*tone