Amp for Ac. and EL. Bass

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by KyriacosKestas, May 16, 2012.

1. KyriacosKestas

KyriacosKestas

Mar 20, 2012
    Hey guys...
    I need a good amplifier for both electric and acoustic bass.. mainly for playing gigs...
    Does anyone have any idea?
    Thanks;)

2. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    I have two ideas:

1) Use the search function. You've asked an extremely broad question that has been answered in all sorts of detail in a variety of threads here. The fastest way for you to get the information you want is to read those threads. They contain a wealth of information.

2) Please don't double-post.

3. KyriacosKestas

KyriacosKestas

Mar 20, 2012
    Thank you
    Anyone else that can really help me?

4. CnB77

CnB77

Jan 7, 2011
    NJ
    He did really help you, and getting snippy about it won't help you at all

5. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Yup. If you're not willing to respect our time, why should we give you any?

6. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    This question has been answered quite a bit, but if you really want a direct answer in this thread I suggest you narrow your parameters...

- What styles are you playing? Jazz? Latin? Rock? How many people are you playing to on average? What kind of venues?
    - Are you looking for a head and cabinet, or a combo?
    - Is your electric a 4 or 5 string(or more)?

7. KAEdwards

KAEdwards

Oct 13, 2009
    An Acoustic Image Clarus, any of the Walter Woods heads, or even a GK micro amp like the Fusion would work. Cabs are up to you. I'd check out players who double and note their rigs. Chris Wood, Esperanza Spaulding, John Patitucci, James Genus, Christian McBride...all of them could offer some guidance if you'll check out their webpages.

8. I have played ~200+ gigs in the last year & a half using a GK MB212, 2 Fishman Platinum Bass DIs, AB switcher box. Also have Euphonic Audio Doubler with their new NL210 cabinet, but don't like hauling into "the dark side"...ie bars with drunks. EA sounds better, but GK is cheaper and I'm willing to sacrifice it to the gig gods...good luck & peace.

9. I'm a doubler and use a Genz Benz Shuttle 3 with 10"cab, and have a 12" Shuttle ext cab. Sounds good to me.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021