Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Amp / Speaker Repair in Phoenix, AZ

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by agreatheight, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Anyone know who does quality Amplifier / Speaker repair in or near Phoenix?

Thanks in advance!!

2. Last bump...

No one can help?

3. bucephylus

bucephylus Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 18, 2002
    General Manager TecPadz LLC
    I've been using M-Tronics in downtown Mesa. They seem to know what they are doing, but are pretty backlogged at the moment. Don't be surprised if you have to wait 5 weeks or so.

4. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    I've used Ziggies and Note Works (both in phx.) They were ok, but I am still looking for a "great amp guy". I've heard good reports on, M-Tronics work, but have never used them. I recently talked to the amp tech at central music, He seemed pretty sharp. Unless some body else chimes in, I'm thinking about trying him next. I see you play SWR, the bass place in snotsdale is a dealer.

5. www.ziggiesmusic.com

Ziggie's Music
    3309 N. 3rd Street
    602 266 9622

I think the bass place services amps as well.

6. I actually need a Marshall cab looked at, it made some horrible sounds recently, lol. My SWR stuff has been perfect for over a decade, I haven't even need to change the tube yet! Still, I'll be avoiding the Bass Place if I can - I'm not a fan of the attitude there, no one's ever been nice and/or attentive to me when in that shop, so screw 'em.

I have heard that Guitar Electronics on the west side may or may not do amp / cab repair so I'll check into that. I have also heard that Bronson Guitar Works in Scottsdale may or may not do amp / cab repair so I'll check that out as well. I'll give a call to Ziggy's / M-Tronics / etc and see what they say if nothing else shakes loose.

I'll update this when more info comes in to let you know how I do!

Thanks!

7. Dricoman

Dricoman

Apr 19, 2013
    Mesa Arizona
    Note works in Phoenix is closed. I think Gary Lowe moved his shop to his home.
    Does anyone know how to reach Gary Lowe? He's a nice guy. He had a hard time finding parts for my GBE500 Genz Benz.

8. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
  9. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

9 years later he should be well established too.

BassmanPaul and flojob like this.
  10. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    One would hope so! :)

11. twinfallsbass

twinfallsbass Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Somewhere in AZ
    TB member " timv ". He has done a LOT of topnotch work for me. Honest and fair with his prices.

anderbass likes this.
  12. TomStuart

TomStuart

Sep 15, 2011
    Phoenix AZ
    Bump!! I went to Mtroniks yesterday in downtown Mesa and was told by Jerry the owner of Gitar Collector that they were out of business. I then found out they sold their name to another company. New owners new company, same name different location. He offered to have his "guy" fix it and swore he is the best. I decided to do a little research and find someone else. I have heard of Lowell Hunt at Hunt amplification. I might use him unless anyone knows of someone good closer to downtown.

13. hbabels

hbabels

Jul 26, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    I've always take my gear to Field Services in Phoenix for amp & speaker repair. They're the authorized warranty place for a ton of manufacturers