1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg 210av cab or Orange OBC-112 vs BA115HP combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mellino19, Nov 12, 2020.

1. mellino19

mellino19

Nov 12, 2020
    Hi all,

I currently have an Ampeg BA115HP that I got used probably 10 years ago and it's been amazing. I also have an older BA110 which was my first amp that I'm possibly donating to a local music store for their teachers. I've been thinking of selling the BA115HP for a small setup in the house as I guess I'm more of a hobbyist and don't play with anyone or do any gigs.

I have a Warwick Gnome i amp on preorder so I have a great bass friendly interface for my laptop (my Apogee Jam+ doesn't really like my active pickups) and I've toying with the idea of getting a cabinet to pair up with the Gnome if the BA115HP were to go.

That being said, I've been looking at the Ampeg 210av a lot but also came across the Orange OBC-112 as well; maybe even a Mark Bass New York 121 now that I think about.

I'm curious to hear from owners or those who have used the cabinets about their experiences and thoughts on them, or even recommendations for cabinets; or am I better off just hanging on the BA115HP combo?

If it helps at all, I have a Warwick Corvette active and Ibanez SRSC805 and I'd like something that really voices the capabilities of those two basses between rock, funk, metal, etc.

I'm not sure what Guitar Center is doing for covid right now but I do know I should carve out some time to bring my bass in and try some of these but feel like I should have my Gnome first, right?

Thanks!

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021