1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg 220BR combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rob Martinez, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

Sep 14, 2005
    I bought one of these a few months back and think it is the coolest amp for practice and small gigs! It looks cool and sounds FANTASTIC, esp with passive basses I use. I disconnect the tweater and get an amazing, warm vintage tone.

I have read on another site some folks are getting these that don't work, but mine works just fine, bought it brand new.

Right now I am playing a Waterstone Indra I bass, short scale, through this combo, and it sounds huge, round, and BASS-Y. No pedals, no effects, just straight into the Ampeg.

Anyone else out there using one of these? Your thoughts?

2. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Sunny Beach
    Do you mean the B200R combo?

3. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

Sep 14, 2005
    Yeah, that's the one. It is my first Ampeg and I really love it. The tone is amazing, and the look is VERY old school.

4. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    Congratulations! I had a B50r (smaller 12" 50w version -tube) only amp I regret selling.

enjoy!

5. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

Sep 14, 2005
    Thanks! I will hang on to this one, they are nice amps. Presently I play my 4 string basses throught this, and also split a signal to this amp and an Epiphone Valve Standard guitar amp for my 12 string basses. The Ampeg delivers a nice hot low end and the Epi gives highs and crunch.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021