1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg BA-115T

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by g8shot1, May 5, 2010.

1. I bought a BA-115T a while back and really never used it because of the hiss it has, even at low volume. Has anyone solved this problem?

If I can't find a way to get rid of the noise, should I feel bad trying to sell a nearly unused model for say $100?

thx

2. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Endorsing Artist: DNA
    I believe people have either disconnected the tweeter completely or have taken off the grill and actually covered the tweeter with a thin cloth or tissue or something. Not sure, but I think you can find out some more info by doing a search. Good luck.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yup, search, It's all been covered- kill the tweeter.

4. FS: Almost never used, definately never gigged Ampeg BA-115T. $100 OBO I'm not shipping.

5. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Endorsing Artist: DNA
    Hey G8, sorry bro but you can't do that here. You need to be a supporting member and post in the "For Sale" section. Good luck once again.

6. Ned Starks Head

Ned Starks Head Yis, actually.

Sep 25, 2004
    Charlotte NC
    Don't worry about shipping. Just take it to your local UPS store and let them pack it, box it, and do the work.
    I'd take it for that plus shipping.:)