1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg BA210SP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fourstringsonly, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Fourstringsonly

Fourstringsonly

Jan 24, 2013
    How bout some opinions?

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    It's a 2x10 combo amp with no ext spkr jack.

3. growler-br

growler-br

Jan 11, 2009
    New Windsor NY
    I had one for two years and loved it. Great sound options and decent volume.

4. PatrickEdmonds

PatrickEdmonds

Jan 3, 2006
    I had one with a serious sheilding/grounding issue, where it buzzed and picked up various radio signals and electrical sounds when it was next to high voltage power lines, which for me was almost everywhere I had to use it. May have been a dud.

That being said it was an ok practice amp. Might be ok at a gig with PA support, or a light handed drummer. The effects were useless live, maybe fun to play with at home. Found it pretty heavy for the size and what you could get out of it.

Depending on what you are planning on paying for it, I would look at an Ampeg SVT210AV with some class D microhead. Much more portable, and probably a better sound IMHO.

That or look at the newer Portaflex head/cab combos. Heard good things about those.

5. mike77rios

mike77rios

Oct 28, 2012
    I picked up a used, made in USA one yesterday for $260. It makes a funny noise turning it on and turning it off, seems to ok other wise. Ive read on other threads that this seems to be a common problem with this amp, we'll see.... I plan on stacking it on top of my BA115HP for live applications, with a Y cable to connect the two, so far Ive only tried it at home through a stereo flanger..... gonna take the 210 to practice today and see if it holds up. I know my 115 is sometimes not loud enough at gigs and Im hoping that the two combined will solve this issue. At the very least its a very inexpesive stack.....

Attached Files:

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    The stereo fx pedal is fine, but a Y cable may load down and not provide even signal stregnth between the 2 amps. I'd stick with the stereo fx pedal, or get a buffered AB/Y pedal.

7. mike77rios

mike77rios

Oct 28, 2012
    Hmmm good point, on top of the amp I have a stereo flanger that I used at first, until i bought the "Y". Ill investigate further, Thanx

8. mikael wilt

mikael wilt Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Hi Mike, I have a similar situation with a Ampeg BA115 @100 watts, and a BA210SP @220Watts. I bought a "Live Wire Solutions" Model ABY1, ABY Box and it works great and not very expensive. It uses a 9Volt battery, or a "Live Wire" PS9VDC power adapter. I would go with the power adapter. Hope it helps..Mikael W.