1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

SOLD Ampeg Baby Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by AndyCotton, Mar 18, 2019.

1. AndyCotton

AndyCotton

Feb 4, 2008
    Guilford, VT
    Price:
    $2400
    Strings:
    Hello All,

I am selling my sunburst Ampeg Baby Bass.

The bass is in beautiful and original condition. Electronics work perfectly. Functionally a 10/10. Aesthetically 7/10. Tuners and neck angle adjustments are working. Currently strung with Thomastic Spirocore Solos.

There is some typical splitting on the right lower bout. It has not increased, or moved at all, in the 15 years I have owned it.

The ebony fingerboard has been dressed and is beautiful and smooth.

Also included:
    • custom MOORADIAN PADDED SOFT CASE (original value $300+ and in near mint cond.)
    • wooden bridge - also custom made, can easily be swapped with original metal bridge for a different (woodier?) tone
    The bass is located in southern VT. I am willing to drive and I occasionally make trips to both the NYC and Boston areas. For now, I would rather not ship, but remote buyers are welcome to get in touch and let me know if they're interested.

best,
    Andy

IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0737.JPG IMG_0739.JPG IMG_0740.JPG IMG_0741.JPG IMG_0742.JPG IMG_0743.JPG IMG_0736.JPG IMG_0735.JPG IMG_0734.JPG img20190223_11184214_0001.jpg

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    Esteban Garcia likes this.
  2. AndyCotton

AndyCotton

Feb 4, 2008
    Guilford, VT
    I bought this bass from Rudy's in NYC in 2003.

The original bag degraded and was discarded. In 2012 I had this custom bag made by the excellent folks at Mooradian that worked with me to get the perfect configuration. They had made few, if any, Baby Bass cases before, and I was pretty psyched they agreed to do this for me. This is a huge plus, especially if you plan to play this bass out. It has three large pockets, backpack straps, and front and side handles.

I played this bass professionally and often for years with a salsa band. It was 100% reliable in concert and the studio.

Reason for selling is simply that I haven't played it much at all in the last several years and it's time to 'thin the herd,' as they say here on TB. I do not let her go gladly!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    JJR58 likes this.
  3. JJR58

JJR58 Dirty Bird

Dec 2, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY.
    Beauty! And back when Rudy's was still on 48th Street.
    Sweet rig.

AndyCotton likes this.
  4. Beautiful!

5. 65AmpegBB4

65AmpegBB4

Apr 26, 2019
    Florida
    Hi Andy,

This is probably a shot in the dark, but I am in need of a bag for my baby bass. If you are willing to part, please let me know and I'd be happy purchase yours.

Thank you.

6. AndyCotton

AndyCotton

Feb 4, 2008
    Guilford, VT
    65AmpegBB4 - sorry I can't separate, but I highly recommend contacting Mooradian about having one made. it's pretty dang nice and a substantial upgrade from the originals.

65AmpegBB4 likes this.
  7. tumba94

tumba94

Oct 11, 2006
    NYC
    hi Andy,
    do you still have the Baby Bass ? i'm interested in getting one.
    Thanks,
    Leo Traversa
    [email protected]

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 22, 2022