1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg Micro-VR live clip

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HolyGrowl, May 5, 2010.

1. HolyGrowl

HolyGrowl

Jan 28, 2008
    Hi there folks,

Here's a clip from a show I did last night with my Ampeg Micro-VR rig. I got the head and 2 cabinets and the sound is live from the camera from someone in the audience. No link to the board, it's what you would've heard with your own ears if you'd been there. Well ok, minus the saturation lol.

th_00644.

All in all, until now, I'm pretty pleased with the rig. It's been holdin' up real good against some real heavy bands situations and I like the tone it's giving me. It sits well in every mix with minor EQ tweaks depending on the bass.

In this clip, I got the SR5 EQ flat and the Ampeg EQ is bass flat (noon), mids at 9 o'clock and treble at 11 o'clock.

Cheers

Mark

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    holy crap does that sound great!

3. Decedo

Decedo

Nov 23, 2008
    That was sweet. Tell your gui**** to stop crowding your space during your moment.

4. That really does sound awesome. Tell your gui**** to quit making those high pitched shrilly noises ;)

5. rbonner

rbonner

Sep 25, 2008
    Where's the chicks?

6. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I thought the RH guitarist borrowed your spare guitar for a second...good tone man!

7. HolyGrowl

HolyGrowl

Jan 28, 2008
    Thx you guys!

As for the guitarist.... this part of the song is kinda free. 50% bass solo and 50% free jam so no problem with the other guys being in my space.

8. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    [​IMG]