1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg Portaflex - Would this blow up?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wfrance3, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Wfrance3

Wfrance3 Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    Hey Folks -

Was looking into something ultra-light for home. I've paid my dues on my home setup. It's a PV Minx 110 from the early 90's...

I like the Ampeg PF112HLF, seems like a nice small light cab. Question is, will it play well with a PF-350? the back panel says it's good for 250w @ 8 Ohms, and the 112 HLFs capacity is 200w @ 8 Ohms. Is that close enough, or is it pretty critical to get it right?

I'd be open to a suggestion of a different head if the PF-350 wouldn't be a good fit.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate everyone who reads my posts and helps me out from time to time!

2. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Close enough...you should be fine. Just don't dime the volume or bass.

3. Jay Corwin

Jay Corwin Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Sanborn, NY
    Close enough. I run a PF-350 through an SVT-210AV all the time. Those are rated at 200 as well. Just don't dime it and you'll be ok.

High Camp likes this.
  4. Wfrance3

Wfrance3 Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    Thanks!!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021